Sunday, September 03, 2006

brighton

I spent last week in Brighton, which explains the lack of posts, in case you were wondering. Although not the lack before hand, I suppose.

Anyway, I have little of excitement to report from that week, other than I suck at golf so badly, it hurts. Well..... pitch and putt anyway. Who knows, perhaps on a proper golf course I would shine with sudden newly found golfing brilliance..... but I doubt it somehow. I did manage to get a good first swing the first time, but the problems came when more exact power was required, and I continually made the ball fly from one point to another. Of course, none of my shots topped Paul's, whose ball went flying over a windmill and into a field, lost forever. Perhaps he was thinking we were playing crazy golf.....

I have also never managed to skim stones, which is pretty much all you could do with the sea in the weather that prevailed. Well... I suppose I could have swum, if I wanted to suffer from hypothermia afterwards... or is that being too warm? Never mind, I can still throw stones, although even that is fraught with peril when confronted with my sheer ineptitude, with one stone narrowly missing a small child at a ninety degree angle to where I was aiming at.....

I have also learnt a vital lesson that when 5 people with greatly varying tastes in food go looking for a restaurant, it can take absolutely ages to find anywhere to eat......

Finally, a picture of Paul covered in stones, for your viewing pleasure...

4 Comments:

At 11:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Twas me who helped do that!

 
At 12:48 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And by the way K you had by far the best swing of the four of us (Fred's a golfer so doesn't count).

Despite your score, I think you'd be the one better at golf eventually, power would be an easy thing to learn.

I couldn't go straight...

I was only saved many times by my awesome putter, which I now adore. All I used on the last hole was my putter! Ah the memories...

 
At 4:40 am, Blogger The Venomous Bee said...

I suck at mini golf, too. But I'm actually quite good at big golf (normal golf, whatever the hell you call it). Comparatively, anyhow, for someone who hasn't golfed regularly ever ... I think I've gone golfing 5 times?

I got to see the seaside! yay! Only one place we went was landlocked ... Stratford upon Avon ... hey ... did you get to see the Tempest? I seem to remember you saying you were going to.

 
At 6:35 pm, Blogger Mr K said...

I did indeed. I enjoyed it, although the singing was a bit... odd.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home