Friday, February 24, 2006

A terrible drought!

I love the UK, for our complete wusiness when weather comes. People talked about our stoicness after 7/7, but if it had been a natural disaster we would have gone on about it for years. Seriously- we still talk about the storm of 1987 which was almost a hurricane, in which 13 people died. Whenever it snows our trains break down, and if the temperature goes anywhere near either extreme there will be many, many complaints.

One of the most amusing pieces of extreme weather is the "drought". Apparently we are headed for one this year. So what does this involve?

"Water companies in south-east England are being urged to bring in hosepipe bans to avoid the introduction of more extreme water-saving measures."

That's right. A hosepipe ban. Good lord! How we will clean our cars and water our lawns? Cricket games will be ruined! Hilarious practical jokes involving pretending the hose pipe is broken will be outlawed! Truly Britain is in dire straits....

5 Comments:

At 10:01 am, Blogger cait said...

obviously, the Dark Lord is afoot. That hurricane? totally a giant.

and I will stop being a dork . . . now.

 
At 4:39 pm, Blogger The Venomous Bee said...

My dad was in England for that storm in 1987. I remember him telling us about it when he came back.

 
At 6:33 pm, Blogger Jeff said...

If anything that happens in the UK is considered as extreme weather, I guess I'm now living on Mars...

 
At 3:12 am, Blogger Ben said...

Hey if you've already pre-ordered your Excel Saga, can you order me one too so we can save on shipping charges?

 
At 6:46 pm, Blogger Mr K said...

Hehe, HP reference. Gotta love it. Ben- I have already ordered it along with another item. It's too late to change it I'm afraid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home