Wednesday, December 07, 2005

films

Chronicles of Narnia is coming out soon. I'm rather excited. Undoubtedly I will be a tad disappointed, because I loved those books when I read them. Looking back, and I haven't actually read them through, they look like pretty slim volumes. This, however, is ideal- the major problem with book adaptions is their tendency to run on for... well for ever really.

Theres also a trailer of the new Xman film here, which I am moderately excited about it, although I can't actually get the trailer to work. Of course, number 3 tends to be about where super hero films start failing (batman, superman etc (I say etc because I know of no other examples)) so we shall see. We shall see.

Apparently they are making this Pirates of the Carribean film. I have no idea how that's going to work: despite the original film's contention, it IS sort of difficult to be a pirate and not be a murderer really. Oh well, could be enjoyable, Jonny Depp is always entertaining to watch.

I'm also very interested in mirrormask, which is a film written by Neil Gaiman, a writer who I am very fond of, and I've heard good things about. It got released in the US absolutely ages ago.. I'm not sure when it's coming out in the UK. Stupid distributors...

2 Comments:

At 6:42 pm, Blogger Complex said...

I do agree with what you say about films there, however that does not make for an interesting comment, so I will instead reaveal it was I that lead you to the Science link, and that I, using MATHEMATICS, the purest form of science, have proved you wrong.

http://simplysuperior.blogspot.com/

 
At 7:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard mirrormask is UTTERLY INCREDIBLE... it's just now opening here in Little Rock and I think I'll go see it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home