Friday, July 22, 2005

Bye Bye (or, I am incredibly stupid)

You know, I've done it before. I've been warned, I know there are precautions I can take. But yet again I have lost a post, and a long one too.

Never mind, now you get a much shortened version. I am going to the the Lake District tomorrow, which should be good. I might even take photos to bore you with, although knowing my slightly lazy nature, you probably won't have to endure that particular evil. Anyways, its unlikley I will be updating any time in the next two weeks, unless I find my way to a cyber cafe.

Cyber cafes are always hopelessly disappointing. I want them to look futuristic and cool, with everyone dressed as if they came out of tron, while typically they're just... cafes... with computers. If you're gonna have a crazy name, you should live up to it really. 3D glasses should be involved. I'm not sure how, but they definitely should. I was deeply amused to hear about that 4D thing they had somewhere, where the fourth dimension came from people throwing water at you while you are in the cinema. Excellent.

Incidentally, string theory apparently needs extra dimensions to work. These are apparently really really small, and rolled up. What on earth can make use of a teeny tiny dimension? Nothing, apart from maybe bacteria. Its possible string theory should be renamed bacteria theory. It would be fun to do so, because it would confuse the hell out of a lot of people. Including the physists working on it, probably.

Ok. See you in two weeks.

2 Comments:

At 9:35 pm, Blogger Imperium child said...

goodbye Ya great freak

 
At 1:11 am, Blogger Ben said...

I was really excited when my friend said a cyber cafe was gonna open in my city, but then discovered there would actually be no robots serving drinks there - what a swizz!
I also was really upset when I got to Center Parks and discovered that only the swimming pool was covered by the glass dome. I thought the whole forest was in the dome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home