Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Princess Bride

I ordered it off Amazon. I couldn't resist it. Stupidly, I bought a bunch of extra books (all of which I'm sort of interested in, I will add) to bring up the price to free devliery level and then an hour later ordered Buffy season 7. Which, if I continue watching at the current pace, I will have finished by the end of this night.

Anyways, it has arrived, and I am staring at it eagerly. Unfortunately, having finished my book before it did, I had to start another one (couldn't possibly do that!), and I do so hate to switch books mid... stream if you will. Enders Children, if you're interested- it seems ok so far, but we shall see. This is book four of the Ender saga by Orson Scott Card. The first book, Ender's Game, is amazing, as is the sequel Speaker of the Dead. Xenocide... little iffy. And now its the fourth.

The only books I have ever stopped reading a book for are the Harry Potter books, but I think thats excusable. Even then I've felt kinda bad, but the rest of my family have wanted to read them and I needed to finish 'em fast. Still, Princess Bride is tempting me. I have read the introduction and it is exciting me. The introduction to a frickin' novel is exciting me. The guy who wrote this, Wiliam Goldman (or abridged, as he claims), also wrote the screenplay for Butchcassidy and the Sundance Kid! (and Stepford Wives, and Marathon Man, and many more) Pretty exciting stuff.

Heh, I've go so much stuff to read, watch, and play on. What more could a young boy need?

1 Comments:

At 4:49 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am currently reading 3 books. I usually read 2 or 3 at a time. One is basically a "light read", not alot of concentration, most likely a humor based book. One is usually a very heavy, deep thought, major attention to detail book. If I have a third, its a medium between the two.

I love books. The smell of them when they are new, the feel of them for as long as their lifetime exists and the madness, desire, dreams, craziness and heartfelt emotions that are drawn from me because of them. Books Books Books ..again, my heaven is a bookstore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home