Friday, November 19, 2004

The trials and tribulaions of the late night snack eater

I am a compulsive snacker. Actually, I'm a compulsive snacker while at home. While on campus,I can resist, possibly because it generally involves spending money, and I am quite tight (there is a fine balance in my mind between laziness and financial responsbility).

But at home, the food, in a way, is free, because I've already bought it. However, in an effort to stop matching the compulsive eating with compulsive growing, I tend to not buy snack food apart from fruit. Which, as I have mentioned, I devour quickly. So generally I move on to bread- carbohydrates are very important in my late night snacking craze, and meat is the preserve of when I am truly desperate.

So imagine my horror when it came to an appropriate snack point (i.e., I was near the kitchen), and I discovered only two slices of bread left, and, I realised, I would need those for lunch the next day. I was tempted for a while to just eat them and shop for the bread, but I knew I would be hungry the next day, so in a rare part of forward thinking, I abstained.

There was only one solution- steal food off my flatmates! Paul always has stuff... unfortunately he was in the room at the time. After some begging for some delicious chocolate or crisps, I finally got him to give me a slice of bread. He keeps his bread in the fridge......... I ate it though, in all its hardness..... Because I am THAT desperate when I get like this.

1 Comments:

At 6:14 pm, Blogger Imperium child said...

HAHA and dry bread is all you deserve.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home