Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Blaming Java

I have always found java script annoying, it tends to break webpages, and for one reason or another I have been unable to access it. This has been the case recently, with certain applications refusing to load, and errors being uninformative. I tried reinstalling, downloading updates... nothing worked. Until I read an internet forum that suggested my firewall might be to blame.

No, I thought, because surely it would have warned me as to what I was doing when I installed the damn thing, to do something as invasive as block content without asking me. But just in case, I checked my settings, and there it was, an objective to block all imbedded java content. This was buried under privacy settings, and when I installed it, I was never asked about it. Also, because it blocked the content without telling me, or giving me a chance to unblock it, I had always assumed it was java's fault: after all, it was java that gave an error.

Grrr.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home