Friday, October 10, 2008

Phd time!

I have started my phd, an exciting time, I'm sure you shall admit. I have managed to miss one tutorial I was meant to be giving already, thanks to stupidity on my part, and have done a tremendous amount of marking already. I will get paid for these things of course, which is nice.

Marking undergraduate papers finds interesting results: students who believe that cubic equations can have no roots (it makes sense if you've done any mathematics), and one who wrote a huge amount of utterly incomprehensible and unexplained maths that possibly answered the questions set, but it was not entirely clear.

Now all I have do do is a literature search to discover some techniques to find optimal designs for differential equations, and also attend two seminar/training things on monday and wednesday respectively. So easy then....

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home