Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Creaking stair

When I was younger I used to read books in which the intrepid hero would avoid his parent's notice (or sometimes evil aunt. Aunts are often evil) by avoiding the creaky stair. This to me, always seemed more fanciful than the rest of the book, which would normally have unicorns and dragons or whatever (or, in the case of Tom's midnight garden, ice skating. But in the past. Oooooooh.). The reason for this is I live in one of the creakiest houses in the known universe. Everything creaks, or, if it does not, is squeaks. Some kind of noise is the point I'm trying to make.

This is hardly the worst thing to be inflicted by, but for a large and already loud guy like me, it can be somewhat difficult not to make noise at night. When I remember not to anyway, as my parents attest to.

On a complete and utter tangent, I am getting annoyed by things at the end of credits. Yes, yes, it's cute having something at the end of the credits, but a little warning would be nice. I re-watched X-men 3 today, just for the tiny bit at the end, and I mean the end of the credits, which took about 10 minutes to finish, lavishing us with detail of who was head gaffer and who was best boy's grip. I'm not sure how anyone would know to stay to the end unless they were told, which is rather frustrating, especially as it is quite important. Never mind.

Finally, I'd also like to say that for a place called pizza hut, they don't do very good pizzas......

3 Comments:

At 5:48 pm, Blogger Imperium child said...

I love pizza hut nosh... (note: last time someone used "nosh" was in a 1983 "beano", true story).

Plus nothing in ur huse can beat my creaky McCreak stairs.

 
At 6:42 pm, Blogger Ben said...

My room used to have a creaky floor, it has a new floor now though.
Also the whole flat is creaky as the wood is all on uneven concrete!

 
At 7:03 am, Blogger The Venomous Bee said...

I'm sorry ... Pizza Hut is king shit. I noticed over there, though, that you put corn on pizza ... maybe you have a different base value ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home