Thursday, January 19, 2006

I am surrounded by empty bottles.

Money can't buy you happiness, apparently. Now, I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure the unemployed, and homeless, and the hungry might argue. OK, they might be happy with starving to death (the last group that is), but I suspect they'd be happier... not starving to death. Unless they were suicidal and also masochistic. And also stupid. There might come a point where money can't buy you much more happiness- after a few hundred million I suspect any more is just vaguely pleasing. I imagine one could construct a graph of happiness against money, if one was so inclined. I am not.

In honour of the Queen's 80th birthday, the royal mint have recently created some new £5 coins, which every household in the UK has the opportunity to purchase. I wonder if they sent a letter to the Queen too, or she get's the £5 coin as a present. Must be tricky buying for the Queen- what do you get the woman who has everything? Including a palace of her very own. I do rather like 10 downing street, becuase it is a realistic form of leadership. A leader doesn't need a ridiculous palace- it's not like you're going to use that much space really.

I have no idea of what powers the new leader has over 10 downing street. I assume they can redecorate? Oddly enough the question never was mentioned in my A level politics course, a surprising omission really. Can he get an extension? You know, for the exercise bike? Or a games room? Do the cabinet ever play poker? Questions I may never know the answer to...

2 Comments:

At 5:24 am, Blogger Sarah the Hutt said...

That's kind of a crappy gift really, to give the queen 5 pounds for her birthday.

 
At 11:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to know that people in the electorate actually think seriously about these issues. Odds are Tony Blair would appreciate public inquirys into the matters.

I should imagine the Queen's birthday wish list probably runs something like thus:

1) A night out on the town in a sleazy joint.

2) A new name

3) A couple of fags

 

Post a Comment

<< Home