Tuesday, December 13, 2005

On conversations and christmas shopping

Ah, now I'm feeling a little less tired I can perhaps craft a post that reads a little more eloquently than my last one....

Well, my weekend in York went well, although on the journey home someone decided to talk to me. Urgh. I read the paper, I look uninviting.... what more do I need to do to put people off? Truth be told, she was quite an interesting person, she came from Egypt and is doing a phd in physics at Bristol, but I don't LIKE being talked to on trains. I am not by nature a man who likes to chat with strangers- in fact my psychosis on this level runs to the point that I dislike talking to people I vaguely know.... Oh well, at least she wasn't the man in front, who was complaining about pupils with special needs....

On the topic of idiots talking about things, an overheard conversation from the bus.

"She said something about sex, and I said I wouldn't touch that... She like looked at me..."
"Yeah, her friend's hot isn't she?"
"Yeah but she's welsh." Says a third
"Yeah, she said something to me, I said, 'I'm sorry, I don't speak welsh!'" Says the original speaker

Ah, racism for the masses. Lovely. Just lovely. Those people were probably students too- our nations finest and brightest! Apparently.

In a final note of random trivia from the day, I noticed a replica of the Lord of the Rings "One Ring" on sale. The price? 250 pounds. For crying out loud. Even more inanely you could get one in silver for £100. Which would be incorrect. I mean, if you are going to spend a small fortune on something that ridiculous, you might as well go the extra mile and get an accurate one! I want to see someone propose with it.... or maybe use it as a wedding ring....

2 Comments:

At 8:45 am, Blogger cait said...

You know, I've noticed in British films and "Britcoms" (as we smugly call them in Canada) that Welsh characters are almost inevitably insane.

 
At 2:24 pm, Blogger Mr K said...

Well, that's because the Welsh are insane. It was a policy, not often talked about in history books, for us to put all those judged mentally unstable into Wales (kind of like the convicts to Australia). It wasn't long term plannig at it's best, I must admit...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home