Thursday, October 27, 2005

Intention

How much DOES intention matter. I don't mean legally, I mean to YOU. In particular, what about infidelity? If say you go out on a night, looking to score, but fail spectacularly, is that better or worse than going out, getting drunk, and one thing leading t'other? I suppose one could argue that in the second case there has to have been some intention, but I think its probably entirely possible to get to someone house- especially if it was someone you knew quite well with only innocent intentions, then anger at your current partner, and booze, and a general crush you has always had, suddenly flaring all at once.

I realy don't know which is worse, because the person with all the nasty intentions hasn't really done all that much wrong, because he/she is incompetenet, while the second one has done quite a bit, but never meant it to happen.

I'd like to make it known at this point I have done NEITHER.

Anyways. Thoughts?

2 Comments:

At 3:19 pm, Blogger Mr K said...

Hehe, cursed advert bots! Will nothing stop them?

 
At 6:34 am, Blogger wicwit said...

I think actually doing something is worse than wanting to but not succeeding. I also don't believe in the "never meant to happen" BS, because if it were really true, then it would have never happened.

Wanting to and not succeeding can always be worked through if it was a moment of weakness or the like. Because at least if you wanted things to work out, you can stick to the fact that you never actually did anything with another person. And, maybe the reason for failing had something to do with guilt, or deep down not really wanting it to happen. Anger can make people do a lot of stupid stuff.

Going through with the act, well, you can't take that back, and for me, no amount of explanation would ever make it ok. And feeding me a line of drunkeness and saying it was an accident or mistake is total BS. In such a case, I truly believe the person wanted it to happen deep down and is using an argument with me and booze as a convenient excuse to let it or make it happen.

If you make a comittment with someone, it's supposed to mean something, and if it's not working out, then part ways, but don't be hurtful and cheat on the person you claim or claimed to love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home