Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Olympics

Damn. I was really hoping we wouldn't win it.... London is gonna be hell to navigate that year, but then as its 7 years in the future I could be living anywhere. I'll just have to engineer a plan to end up in... Japan I suppose if I want the furthest away I can go, although its probably not the best location in the world to avoid overcrowding. I'll probably end up in a job involved in organiing it...

Jack Chirac probably won us this bid, of course, the political genius, insulting Finland a few days before the decision. Hmm, hes probably going to be childish about this now...

I suppose this sould probably stir my patriotism, but I'm not sure it should. Patriotism is a little odd. I am meant to be proud of something that I had nothing to do with it? I should be proud of my nation because I was born here? Its weird. Thats not to say I don't love Britain, 'cause I do. But I don't claim its acheivments to be my own.

4 Comments:

At 6:21 pm, Blogger Jeff said...

Maybe Jacque Chirac lost it on purpose haha~

 
At 8:34 pm, Blogger Ben said...

Maybe, though the money he put into trying to win it is a bit of a downer.
At first I didn't really care, but after Chirac's reportedly snide remarks involving our cuisine it really brightened my day for Britain to win. I was gonna feel sorry for all the french ppl who wanted to see it, but realised they can get to see it on the eurostar, so :p

 
At 12:08 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's achievements are MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi K.

 
At 12:15 pm, Blogger Imperium child said...

But it'll be great, eveywhere within a britain sized radius of London will be turned into a seething throng of people shouting that they want their damn little olympic flags... WELL YOU CANT HAVE EM. PISS OFF!! GO BACK TO ... just GO!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home