Saturday, November 06, 2004

Clubbing

Yeah, I really can't dance. I really, really can't dance when sober. Basically, because I'm too aware of the fact that I look like a complete moron. Another problem with me and clubbing is I've seen Spaced, one of the best British sitcoms of all time. More specifically, I've seen the clubbing espisode of Spaced. Until I find a club JUST like that it will always pale in comparison.....

So yeah, we went out last night, as it was Steve's birthday. And fun was had, but Babylon (the club) was a little poor. At least they weren't playing cheese. God I hate cheese. I hate the ironic "oh its funny and brilliant because its bad!" No, no it isn't. Its just bad. Every now and then, it is true, jumping up and down like a drunken idiot to some terrible track from the 90s can be terrible fun, but as the majority of music at clubs is cheese nowadays it loses its appeal. Actually, at campus THAT IS ALL THEY EVER PLAY. At least, that was true last year anyway.....

Grah, its annoying, how the mainstream manages to remove the fun from things. They've made irony popular! Goddamnit, whats the point in being a cynical, ironic bastard if everyone gets it! The only way out is to actually genuinely like cheese, and.... thats never going to happen.

Bablyon does have self control over cheese, it plays drum and base and even has an alternative night (for alternative read metal. With a side helping of ska). The drinks cost a fortune though. I love clubs, because you actually stand in line to pay money to get into a place where you pay more for drinks...... And, unless you are an attractive male (I hear these exist) who can dance (apparently these too) , the odds of you meeting a girl are really quite close to 0.

But yeah, clubbings fun.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home