Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Yay, xbox 360!

It has arrived in all it's large and bulky glory, and is working fine, after a few hitches where nothing was displayed on my television. I also made the discovery that my television can show things in 60hz format, which I did not know, seeing as it is hardly new... still, a good discovery, as otherwise I wouldn't have been able to play on two of the games!

I have made one rather unwelcome discovery, however. The X-box 360 does not come with wireless capacity installed. This is extremely lame for a next gen console, especially when the wii and ps3 have both managed it. It might be my wireless usb thing for the pc might work in it, but I doubt it. I also don't know where the damn thing has got to.... If I want to buy an X-box adaptor, I have to spend SIXTY POUNDS. A little bit of a rip off, I feel, and a rather sly move by microsoft. Added to this is the fact that you don't seem to be able to buy the sodding things anywhere.

I could of course attempt to connect the thing directly, but the only thing in reach of my xbox's cable is my laptop, and I have no idea if it is possible to make the internet go through this. Anyone know?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 12:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does it have an ethernet RJ45 socket? Or is it a special cable with an RJ45 on one end? If the latter, then it is possible to get an extender I think. Look in Maplins web site.

Dad

 
At 10:40 pm, Blogger Ben said...

Can't beleive you got a 360 kieran!
You're a cheeky one.
Does your Wii seriously connect to the internet? Cos you never reply to my insults that I send you!
Ah well never mind. Maybe one day I'll get a 360 and everyone can play Gears of War. On another note my Team Fortress has crapped out along with Portal tried redownloading and doesn't fix the problemo. Gone are the days of a simple reinstall from a disc I guess.

 
At 10:32 am, Blogger Mr K said...

well... yes it does, but I never USE it online.... it's not like there are many things for it to do there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home