Thursday, October 25, 2007

Stuff and things

(this informative title brought to you by miss Alice White)

I see my internet traffic is slowly building up again as I actually begin to make blog posts, being somewhat out of the habit due to a serious lack of the internet. I have been embracing my inner nerd in a big way recently, who admittedly has never been that neglected, me being a mathematician and all. But I am roleplaying again, and here by roleplaying I mean the kind with dice and spotty people rather than... well you know. It's actually really quite a fun way to spend your time, as long as you are willing to deal with the knowledge that you've crossed the line into utter nerdom. Well actually there is a step up from that, called Live action role playing where you get dressed up and take to the streets, which is basically embracing your inner child I suppose. I guess you can always pretend you are a historical recreationist, until you start casting magic missile, which as far as I know was never used in any battle ever. At least not succesfully anyway.

To add to this I've also recently spent four hours playing railroad tycoon, a board game in which you must try and build the largest rail empire (I came third of six, but it was a close run thing..), and this sunday am going to spend potentially thirteen hours LANning at a local cyber cafe. Which is probably the limit of just too muchery.

Oh well, it's a fun way to spend the time I'm not spent doing work.... (or spending time with Alice, of course...)

1 Comments:

At 11:58 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what does Alice do whilst you're spending eons in the Cybercafe?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home