Wednesday, July 11, 2007

the care bears

My mother implied today that while I am happy to blog about childhood shows that were a little more, shall we say, masculine, I would never blog about the care bears. Well, I have shown her.

I must admit to watching a lot of the care bears when I was a kid. I even had two of their films. I'm not sure if I'm entirely proud of this, as I can't really remember much about them. Wikipedia informs me that they were originally on greeting cards before getting their own series, which is a little odd, although no odder than most cartoon series, I suppose.

Actually, as I read further into this article, I think perhaps shame should be the main emotion. I quote

"The franchise consists mainly of the Care Bears themselves, as well as the later additions the Care Bear Cousins. Both of them live in the Kingdom of Caring, which is made up of Care-a-lot (the home of the Care Bears proper) and the Forest of Feelings (home to the Care Bear Cousins)."

"The Care Bears' ultimate "weapon" is the "Care Bear Stare," in which the collected Bears stand together and radiate light from their respective tummy symbols. These combine to form a ray of love and good cheer which could bring care and joy into the target's heart."

I rather think those speak for themselves....

1 Comments:

At 12:01 pm, Blogger Alice said...

Wiki has now confirmed that my much-loved plastic care bear toy (the only thing in my childhood that had anything to do with care bears) was infact Tender Heart Bear. I never knew that. I think I called him George. I stand corrected... :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home