Saturday, June 23, 2007

Cameras

I saw an advert the other day for a phone with a 5.2 megapixel camera. This is slightly annoying, as my digital camera is only 4 megapixels. I'm getting beaten by a phone! At least my flash is probably better- phones haven't really got that one right yet, so everyone in a mobile's flash photo looks extremely shocked by the incredibly bright light.

Still, the idea of a phone on your camera is an idea who's time has come- it's so very convinient, and generally, I rather like the mobility of it. Sadly this has its down points- witness any gig where about half the audience will be holding up their phones to take photos or take incoherent videos. I've done it too, but I'm trying to fight the urge- there have been countless songs where the only way I could see the stage is trying to spot it through people's viewfinders. Theres something to be said for recording the memories of the moment you are in, but it's probably best to have some of those memories to NOT involve taking photos with your camera!

Often if you check you tube the day after a gig you can find countless awful videos where you hear smatterings of the song, but mostly people cheering and going "wooh!" On that note, I once went to see the Eels play a with strings gig, so most of their songs were quite quite and possibly best not to be puncuated with people saying wooh. This did not stop the person about 10 seats to my right, who I suspect had "wooh" tourettes, if such a thing exists.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home