Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Dr Who and the Daleks

You know, I'm beginning to get a little bit tired of the daleks. They are an awesome enemy, of course, xenophobic killing machines that truly inspire fear, but after a while their impact becomes less and less. I kind of liked the recent plotline in Manhattan but the emergency temporal shift means we have not seen the last of the daleks. It WAS cool to see them in the first series, and as a shock ending in series 2, it could not be beaten, but now... surely writers can think of some new enemies to darken the doctors door?

No, not cybermen again.

Also, I'm not sure how I feel about the whole romantic subplot. As someone somewhere pointed out (I can't link it cause I can't remember who said it....), it's not much use introducing the feisty and independent Martha Jones if she spends her time moping about after the doctor. Still, the interplay between the two seems fairly good, so I'll give it a chance. I'm kind of glad we haven't seen too much of her family because mickey was an annoying subplot for an entire series before he finally became fleshed out...

Anyways, I'm enjoying this series. Apparently the episode in a fortnights time is called 42.....

1 Comments:

At 8:43 pm, Blogger The Venomous Bee said...

You know, I was thinking the other day about when its going to start getting old ... I mean, I was hysterical when they brought the Macra back because I'm a second doctor fetishist, but really. It's becoming a post-modern exercise in nostalgia.

I'm actually a bit irritated at all the romantic stuff ... and I'll have to blame my beloved Paul McGann because it's his fault ... he was the first doctor to kiss anyone. Peter Davison was actually instructed to not touch Tegan because they were trying to keep the Doctor asexual. They didn't have to worry about this with, well, everyone up to Tom Baker. And no one can tell me that Six and Seven were supposed to be sexy. I've actually got a bit of a diatribe in the works about this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home