Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Raising children

It is probably inevitable that we shall have to have some sort of population control. I don't see a particular alternative, other than one artificially imposed by nature, which would be far more unpleasent. After all, the earth can barely sustain the consumption it endures at the moment, so it is unlikely it will last that much longer if we keep going at our present rate. I don't think human beings have a particular right to reproduce, as harsh as that might sound, just as I'm not entirely sure all people necessarily should have children.

I mean... come on. We've all met people, or at least encountered people so utterly despicable that really they shouldn't have children. I'm not necessarily saying parenting licences are necessary, but I certainly can't spell them.

It's a pity we're not a totalitarian government, or couldn't be one for about 5 years. Then we could gather a whole bunch of children and raise them in various different ways, to find which one proved the most effective. Sadly there are apparently some ethical issues with child abduction, although I imagine that shouldn't be too much of an issue if we send the parents to labour- I mean party camps.

I'm a tiny bit tired, so that might explain the reason for the disjointed exposition occuring here, or it might not. You decide!

3 Comments:

At 11:20 pm, Blogger Ben said...

You know what I say at times like this:
"What we need is one charismatic leader to rule the world!"

 
At 4:34 am, Blogger The Venomous Bee said...

Gosh ... sometimes you sound so ... bleak ...

I don't know about the licenses, but I do think that sentimentality has a great deal to answer for in the grand scheme of overpopulation.

 
At 11:30 am, Blogger Mr K said...

I might have been somewhat tired and in a bad mood when I wrote this. It's entirely possible....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home