Friday, September 02, 2005

Comment verification

I have copied Fred (who has a shiny new blog, check it out)in adding comment verification to my posts- now to comment you must enter in the lovely word in that image file you should see. If you have any problems with this you can always email me... Or pm me on uff9. Meh. i do like the commenting, makes me feel loved.

I haven't mentioned it yet, but this New Orleans thing is horrific. Not so much that an entire city is flooded, that an entire city in America, the richest nation in the world is flooded, and nobody has got their acts together and done something. Seriously, I know people like to stick up for Mr Bush, pretend that he is secretly hiding some kind of ability of great statemanship, but when he is capable of making JOKES while talking about this... it beggars belief. The man would not last ten minutes in British politics, and, also, I really don't think that if there was a major flooding of a city in Britain, things would be so... awful. Reports read like some kind of third world country, with the city being run by looters... what the hell? There seems to have been no organisation, and while the poor were told to leave the city, they were provided with no means to do so.

This is an awful, awful tragedy, and perhaps it will make certain members of the American public realise Mr Bush is a good for nothing pathetic excuse for the leader of what is supposedly titled the free world.

3 Comments:

At 11:10 pm, Blogger Ben said...

I can't believe there's no spare money set aside for this sort of thing. I mean wtf are you spending it on!? You actually have to araise money for this - it should just be there. Spend it then raise the taxes by $1 if you must. Jesus.
Also i'm pretty sure rivers don't have coasts, banks maybe, but no coasts. Heck, what do I know, i'm not the a president.
Also word verification is lame :(

 
At 11:19 pm, Blogger Fresher said...

Do I recall a flooding in a British town last year? Boscastle I think. Now the scale may be different,but considering floods rarly happen in Britain and not one single person died because the emergency services and food aid were there in double quick time, speaks volumes about what you can do if you try.

 
At 11:07 am, Blogger Imperium child said...

Well its all spent on bush's war machine and preventing anyone intelligent getting into the whitehouse, or at least within a certain distance of actual power.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home