Sunday, September 20, 2009

A disturbing discovery

So our internet has been acting up recently. I was annoyed, assuming we had some kind of spyware slowing us down. I downloaded various things to speed up my connection, but none of them seemed to work. I checked various websites, and one suggested my wireless might be an issue. I scoffed, but checked anyway. When hard wired... I had a nearly 8 mb connection. I went to the router, changed some settings (upping the security and changing our password), and went back on the router. It now works fine.

Seems someone was leeching our internet! And I laughed when it happened to others....

EDIT: occam's razor always applies.. looks like my router is too weak

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:18 pm, Blogger Fresher said...

Lol, I did tell you to fix to check your security. I suppose it's like new drivers, tends to be the last thing you think of.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home