Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Back in the UK

After the reprimand in the comments, I felt compelled to post. Well not that compelled, because I managed to wait another eight hours before writing anything. Still, here I am, after a fantastic week in sunny Majorca, now in sunny England, proving to be just as warm as continental Europe, but without the private swimming pool. Oh well, at least we have some fans here to cool us down, because otherwise I think I would probably die.

I think I'd briefly like to complain about men. Specifically "lads". I may well have complained about this in the past, but lacking any easy way to search my blog (google fails me on this front, alas), I shall assume I have not. I HATE lad culture. Really, really hate it. This excess of machoism, which, at it's worst excess, reduces everything down to base urges, to fighting and leering at women.

I rather think something should be done about it. People talk a lot about cutting crime, but rarely focus on one very important thing. Men are, generally, more violent than women. I don't believe this is sexist either, I suspect statistics will back up this observation.... unfortunately, of course, a google search gives me a bunch of mens rights websites claiming that studies show women are more violent than men, and domestic violence against men is more of a problem than that against women. This could be correct, of course, although it flies in the face of everything I've heard, and thus warrants examination of the figures (sigh, and here I was, ready in rant mode!)

Ah, screw it, a list of conflicting statistics here, certainly men are PROSECUTED more, and women are killed more.... so what the hell, I'm far too lazy to go through all these studies.

Rant cancelled, due to lack of effort on my part. I still think men are more violent than women- they are certainly responsible for more crime.

5 Comments:

At 12:59 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your mum's violent towards women.

 
At 1:01 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree K, lads. annoying. Especially chav lads.

By the way K you missed out on Moda. See my blog for details.

 
At 9:32 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How Rude!
Kieran's Mum

 
At 2:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I apologise deeply Kieran's mum! Didn't mean it!

 
At 9:56 pm, Blogger Ben said...

I've known some pretty violent girls. They're certainly more cruel when it comes to dishing out pain I'd say, what with the hair pulling and whatnot. At least getting hit is less of a lingering pain, ignoring the bruises.

But it is of course correct that men are more violent than women in the general sense. To deny it is to deny evolution and let's not start that again. Men had to be violent to go hunting and protect themselves and their families - therefore you can't just get rid of this fact.

It just depends how well you can control yourself, I have a very long fuse (like some other things ;) booya! Had to do it!) so it takes a lot to make me violent, but when I do it can get nasty if I don't stop myself. Luckily it has always ended quickly, usuallywith someone pinned to a wall or thrown into a fence. Hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home