Tuesday, April 04, 2006

spot the mistake

"Hello Kieran
Thanks for your email about the current offers available on Flext.
I'm pleased to say that the 25% discount would stay on your account for the full 18 months of the contract.
What may be more interesting to you is you can continue to benefit from it for as long as you remain with us.
The only reason we would remove the 25% discount would be if you failed to pay your bill on time. Other than that, you can keep the discount for life.
The Flext 35 is probably the best value for money. For the extra £5, you get twice the allowance (£180) on Flext 35 that you would receive on Flext 30 (£90).
Thanks again for getting in touch with me Keiran, I hope I've answered your question and that I've encouraged you to try us.

Kind regards


Steven A
Email team"

As you can surmise from this, I am getting a new mobile, with a spanking new contract. What's weirder is that I was actually inspired to get this from an advert, of all things- one in Empire. But that's not what Im writing about.

At the start of the email he's got it right, but by the end, he has failed. What, you ask?

SPELLING MY GODDAMN NAME

Yes, ok, it's Irish, and it's sometimes spelt differently, but surely some people should prefer the Kieran spelling. I before E except after c? Was I the only person taught this? The worst thing is that even when the only spelling of my name people have is the one I have GIVEN them, they still spell it wrong. This includes MPs. I suppose it's a small thing, but it does occasionally grate.

I am a little worried about T-mobile's customer service. When trying to phone them earlier on to find out a detail about the contract that was not clear, I was directed to a women speaking so quietly I could barely here her. Clearly she could not hear me, as she hung up.... Meh.

1 Comments:

At 6:16 am, Blogger The Maverick Serf said...

I have the opposite problem... My name is spelled in opposition to the "i before e" rule...

Note: My name is Sheila not Shiela

Perhaps the solution is avoiding naming children anything with the "i-e" combination. It creates too much confusion!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home