Friday, April 14, 2006

Salads

Whats the deal with salads as main courses? To sound like a stand up comic a little. But this irritates me, or rather came to irritate me when looking at menus recently. A salad is NOT a main course. It's a salad- it's light, damnit (and I'm talking about evening meals here), it's a starter. Sure, if you're not feeling hungry, you can have the starter as your main- thats your prerogative. But as a main course- that's crazy?

Why does this irritate me? Well sometimes I fancy a salad, but only as a starter, and in the portions they would probably come in I might find them too big, and to get full up on salad... well that would be just embarrasing. Anyway, I'm not sure what I intend to do about this problem... nothing, I suppose.

2 Comments:

At 8:39 pm, Blogger Ben said...

Did you ever consider asking for the salad as a starter with a smaller portion?
Usually restaurants can decide how much salad they put on your plate ;)

 
At 12:37 am, Blogger Mr K said...

I imagine I'd have to pay more, however, and I'm morally opposed to paying more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home