Thursday, February 09, 2006

invent your own day

I hit 500 posts the other day, which is nice- I've been doing this blog for a long time now, about a year and a half now, and I intend to keep this up for a long time. You never know, I might be celebrating my 70th birthday on here! Of course by that point I will be in control of the remaining population centres of the planet, the war of the spoons having eradicated most of you.

I wonder if all boys love destruction. I know I did when I was younger- I was fascinated by war, and my toys would regularly declare full scale wall. In fact it got to the point where there were sophisticated cultures at war with each other, only complicated by the complete lack of women and children- a back story was generally invented. Certainly my sister's toys did none of this- to be fully honest I have absolutely no idea what exactly she did with her toys. Alice, my lovely girlfriend, tells me that when she was younger she used to play doctor and patient, with the patient inevitably dying, so maybe the girls do get some interesting games- or maybe she's just crazy.

On that note, valentines day is coming up, that annual day where people in relationships get to spent a large amount to prove to people without someone how dark and lonely their meaningless existences are. Or something like that anyhow. We have a holiday for love, but not the other emotions. I'm not talking about hatred, or anything so crass (besides I did that last year) but rather more undefined emotions. How about an ambivalence day? Get people cards saying "I'm not entirely sure how I feel about you." It'd be brilliant! Or a moderately unnerved day "You sat next to me at a party. I wish you hadn't.". Or a mildly indignant day "You picked your nose in public. That's nasty."

Invent your own day!

3 Comments:

At 3:17 am, Blogger cait said...

my toys always built forts and had long bouts of siege warfare.

 
At 3:19 am, Blogger The Venomous Bee said...

Well, I'll tell you ... my sister Caitlin and I used to have all-out wars between our Barbies (who were generally evil and stupid) and our quints (which were tiny little baby dolls that came in sets of five -- quintuplets -- who were the good guys). I don't know if we had wars so much as planned campaigns and fortifications with really elaborate traps and prisons. I was really into building traps.

 
At 3:20 am, Blogger The Venomous Bee said...

Holy Crap, we must have been posting at the same time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home