Friday, August 12, 2005

Blank

theres nothing more depressing for an incredibly creative type like myself as a blank page. OK, scratch that, if I was more creative I would probably see a blank page as a challenge rather than a death sentence.

Still, that sounded good as the first sentence. Anyways, first of all- no comments? You know I live off comments, and if I don't get enough, I shrivel up and die? You probably didn't know that. Well I do. And very unpleasent it is too. So yeah, put comments, with such insightful things as "yes. I agree."

Anyways, just listening to Crowded House, mainly because they are on my playlist, and the randomiser picked them. It has occured to me, that, for all these years of having listened to "Weather with you" (or whatever its called). Everywhere you go alway take the weather with you? Huh? I mean what do they mean? Clearly they don't mean the ACTUAL weather, because thats just silly. But equally, how is some kind of metaphor for your emotions better? Cause if you're deeply depressed then you probably don't want to bring that with you everywhere. In fact, you still will, but it won't be a conscious choice. The lyrics of the verses don't help, telling us that
Julius Caeser and the roman empire couldn't conquer the blue sky..... I mean, you could take that two ways. One could imply that some things can't be owned, but considering the sky... is owned, it could be a sad sign of the times. I suspect they did't really put much thought into the lyrics.

Not that thats a crime. The Beatles, considered by many to be the best band of all time (they are wrong. That title is clearly held by the Vengaboys), have some really, really rubbish lyrics. I can't be bothered to quote them, so thats your task for today kids, to find rubbish lyrics! Get to it!

3 Comments:

At 4:20 pm, Blogger Complex said...

Not that I am going to trawl the web for rubbish lyrics for you.. but... even in jest, the Vengaboys? Geez...

I agree with you, the world would be a better place if more people commented, so I for one will make a concerted effort to make meaningfull comments on yours, and all blogs I come across.

Incidentally, have you played Fable? My little brother has it, and like all things not owned by me, it looks rather fun. Reckon I should steal it?

 
At 1:03 am, Blogger Mr K said...

it looks alright, having watched other people play it. Stealing is fun, so I would reccommend it

 
At 3:13 pm, Blogger Complex said...

Well, I shall go for it then. Now. After my cup of tea.

Hmm, stealing in the game or in real life? I may have to remember this next time I visit your house... or you visit mine...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home