Tuesday, October 06, 2009

I should stop thinking about Spiderman 3

In Spiderman 3, Mary Jane is the lead in a broadway musical. From the look of the theatre, this is a reasonable big deal. The next day, the reviews don't accuse her of being a bad actor, or being unable to sing, they accuse her voice of not carrying.

Huh. So in the months of auditioning and rehearsals that must have been done for this musical, no-one ever checked to see if her voice carried? I have little experience of producing musical theatre, but surely that would be something you might check.

After these reviews, they replace her after her first night. Is that even legal? Surely she'd have a contract? Fer crying out loud, at least give your lead (who after all, is the one you rehearsed with), a chance to project next time....

That really is quite a stupid film...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 7:25 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

and of all the things wrong with Spiderman 3, you chose to focus on this?

 
At 10:22 am, Blogger Mr K said...

Well I focused on other things when I reviewed it before... I think this is the third time I've attacked it. Its such a juicy target!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home