Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Appalling stupidity

I am not sure what drives me, when I have a little cut or sore, to keep touching it to check if it still hurts. The answer is invariably yes, as my top lip will tesify to, having been inexplicably cut recently, in time to bug me during todays exam. I think I like to check and see whether it has healed, but it's the same idea as opening the oven every minute to see if the food is done- it'll only stay cold. Or painful.

In fact I don't limit this stupidity to just that. As well as picking at scabs, which everyone does, I also pick at plasters, knowing that taking them off is a stupid idea, but finding the peeling irresistable until only a tiny bit of stickiness remains to hold the thing in place. I also peel at the dead skin on my fingers, making it much, much worse, until it finally tears and I am left in pain for several minutes.

I'm not entirely sure what it is that drives me to do these things, but I really wish it would stop....

1 Comments:

At 2:14 pm, Blogger Alice said...

Thanks. You've put me off my lunch. ewwwwww....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home