Monday, May 03, 2010

I am an evil sleeping genius

Upon sunday morning we had a christening to attend. Said christening was near Worthing, and would require traveling. So we would need to get up at 6:30, an unholy hour indeed.

The night before we had been out, and while we left relatively early, I had foolishly decided to have a couple of drinks. This led to a rather disturbed night.

I woke up at 10 past 7, with Alice asking me whether we should be up yet. In a panic I declared we only had 20 minutes to get ready, and rushed to be ready.

Now thanks to my massive amount of paranoia against such a situation, we arrived at the station with 10 minutes to spare, rather than the half an hour I might well have thrust upon us, but it was quite the rush to do so. It emerged, however, that this situation was not, as I might have thought, caused by the alarm going off.

Instead, at 6:30, when the alarm had gone off, I reached over and turned it off. Alice asked me whether we should leave. I replied that it would be fine, and went to sleep.

At 5 to 7 Alice woke me up and asked if we should get up. I said no, and went back to sleep.

Finally Alice's attempt at 10 past 7 succeeded.

The worrying part of this narrative is that I have absolutely NO recollection of this conversation. This is not the first part that this has happened. I do things while asleep that I not only forget later, they are utterly counter to my natural instincts.... Thats more than a little disturbing.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home