Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Headache

I have one. But I want to write a post. A nice long, juicy post. Full of tender wordly goodness.

I got to attempt to jump start a car today. I say attempt because it turned out to be of no help, which meant that I got to tire myself out for nothing. Which is a shame, to be honest, but it was at least an experience. I know practically nothing about cars. I have no real conception as to how a car works, and I have no true understanding of what a clutch is. And when I say understanding, I haven't a clue what it does. At all. There always seem to be too many things to use to drive a car. i'm sure they can't be that complicated- I've played games with cars in, and there was one button to make me go and one to make me stop. Simple and logical.

I was also meant to do work just now but instead watched the Butterfly Effect, which was quite enjoyable, although ENTIRELY misrepresents chaos theory, as the theory says small causes have unpredictable outcomes (well.... no it doesn't, but thats a simple way of putting it), but the butterfly effect has fairly large causes having fairly large outcomes, and when something small happens, nothing much happens as a result.

It was good though.

My weekend in York was good, although I am paying for it now by my lack of sleep. Having said that, I am inexplicably still awake at 1 in the morning, so its off to bed I go now. G'night.

2 Comments:

At 10:46 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have a look at this some time and add to your knowledge of the world: http://auto.howstuffworks.com/clutch.htm

 
At 7:34 pm, Blogger Ben said...

I'm not sure that I find watching the Butterfly Effect enjoyable. Entertaining perhaps, but too miserable to be enjoyable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home